Gym Policies & Guidelines
It is our goal to provide the safest environment possible for all of our athletes, as well as one that is optimal for their learning. The following policies are in place to help ensure that we achieve that goal each and every day at SCATS...
General Gym Rules & No-no's
- Safety first - never endanger yourself or others
- Always follow directions - when in doubt, ask a coach!
- Always wait inside the building for an adult to pick you up
- Bare feet or gymnastics shoes only in the gym area
- Long hair must be worn in a ponytail
- No running in the gym except when directed by a coach
- No food, chewing gum or drinks allowed on the gym floor (this includes water bottles)
- No jewelry of any kind during class
- No gymnastics while waiting for class to start in the lobby or on the mezzanine
- TELL A COACH ANY TIME YOU INJURE ANY PART OF YOUR BODY
- Please return ice packs to the freezer when you are done so they are there for other students
Parking, Dropping Off, and Picking Up
Parking is located in front of and behind the building. There is no parking directly in front of the entrance or in the fire lanes designated with a red curb. When dropping off or picking up your child you must do so quickly and efficiently without blocking traffic. Please do not leave your car unattended in the front of the building; this leads to traffic backing up onto McFadden and a dangerous situation. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping everyone safe!
Maintaining regular class attendance will provide optimal training for your child as well as continuity within the group; however, we understand that there are times when your child will be absent. For this reason, we provide 4 make-up coupons upon enrollment and each year on the anniversary of your original registration date. Make-up lessons must be scheduled with the front office 24 hours in advance. Make-up lessons taken without a coupon are charged like an extra class at the discounted 25%-off rate. Due to their already discounted hourly cost, make-ups are not available for children enrolled in Advanced Academy, GYM Team, or Competitive Team programs.
We would love to hear from you! Let us know what we're doing right, what you'd like to see change, and suggestions for improvement. As a valued customer, your ideas may be implemented for better service to you. E-mail your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org. We use e-mail regularly to advertise special events, programs and sales in our pro-shop!
Some coaches offer private lessons to supplement your child's class with one-on-one instruction. The gym fee is $16 per hour ($8 for half an hour) in addition to the coaches' own fees, which will vary from coach to coach. Let us know if you are interested in private instruction and we'll be happy to put your preferred coach in contact with you!